Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day Four

Today was a tough one, climbing that 4 day hump.  I struggled a lot today, my toddler offered me several cheez-its and it was so hard to say no.  I know he was just trying to be nice and sweet in offering me something to eat, and it was so hard for me to say no.  I said it in a nice way: "thanks honey but mommy can't have that on this diet."

The whole day I was upset because I want to eat real food, I miss my wine, I miss my thai food, I miss sushi, I miss everything I can't have and even though the sheet says: "...these restrictions are only temporary and are a small sacrifice for a short amount of time."  It feels like an eternity and its only been FOUR DAYS!!!
I'm wondering how I'm going to survive for the next 2 weeks, never mind the next couple of months, ugh....
I keep going back and forth about this, weight watchers seems simple to me, eat what you want, count the points, learn about portion sizes and things I'm learning in my current diet plan for less money and still lose weight.  I've learned to do this, it is possible, I lost 25 pounds recently, and about 3-4 years ago I lost 50 pounds on that state of mind, all by myself.
Ideal Protein is convenient for me because it gives me prepared meals to eat during the day, and then I can still have seafood, meat, or poultry for dinner with 2 cups of vegetables that are allowed on the plan.  Lunch also includes 2 cups of veggies of your choice that are on the plan.  As a stay-at-home mom it is critical to remember to eat, and these meals help me prepare them quickly so I can continue to watch and be there for my son, instead of being tied up in the kitchen making a meal that takes more than 10 minutes.

This blog is not intended to steer you from one diet to the next, it is here for informational purposes.  Dieting is difficult but if you can try whatever program it is you are on for at least 2 weeks it is well worth it.  2 weeks allows you to test the waters to see if this is something you want to continue with, if after 2 weeks or 3 weeks or whatever goal you have set for yourself, you feel this plan is not working for you, try something that does.

That being said, I will move on and go over the meals today.

So meals today:

Breakfast - Peach Mango Drink (very sweet, but yummy)

Lunch - Chocolate Drink, tasted more like a chocolate shake, and tasted just like one too, I would get this again.  Had the drink with a salad and walden farms bleu cheese dressing.

Dinner - Leftover steak from last night and salad with cucumbers drizzled with Walden Farms Bleu Cheese dressing.

Snack - My favorite part of the day, my reward for the day as I like to think.  Peanut Butter coated Soy Puffs, really good to, tastes a lot like having candy but better for you.

I also succeeded on my 10 glasses of water for the day, and took my vitamins, so although a struggling day a good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment