Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Birthday Weekend/Weigh-In

Birthday Weekend

So this weekend I went a bit nuts on the cheating, but its my birthday and I have been so good.  The last weekend at my friend's wedding was the first time I had cheated in 2 months, that is a long time to wait to cheat on your diet.  But I don't cheat often because I like to plan it in advance and leave it for special occasions. 

This weekend we went to Plymouth to the Wine Cellar, really good place by the way I recommend them when you are planning a cheat or when you are off the diet, because there is nothing there you can eat when you are on the diet except for their salads with no dressing.  the Wine Cellar below 42 degrees North
They are great spot to go to for some fun or a romantic date, and you get to listen to live music, it is not overpowering music, just a couple of guitarists and some singing.  Great place to relax!  So it being a wine, tapas, and dessert restaurant you can imagine what I consumed when I was there.

Saturday we went to Newport, RI and did the Servant Life Tour at the Elms, a really cool tour by the way, got to see the basement of the mansion, got to see how many stairs the servants climbed up and down to distribute items to guests etc, got to see their quarters, and the roof (which is not the roof you see below by the way, the servant's quarters are hidden well).  That evening we went to Thai food, love Thai but hardly anything I can eat there so I tried to be good even though I ate 2 items not my diet.

Sunday I was good for most of the day, but then ended my actual birthday day with 2 slices of cheese pizza and a red velvet cupcake, yumm.  Normally I would get a cake but since I'm on a diet I didn't want to get carried away so I just wanted a cupcake to satisfy me, however we could only get 6 cupcakes rather than just one at the grocery store, so we took them home.
We went to the mall Sunday to spend birthday money on clothes, I was only going through the mall for 2 stores but I walked passed Charlotte Russe a store I had had my eyes on for years but could never fit into their clothes.  I spent at least 45 minutes in there, I found a lot of stuff I liked and went home with 2 camis, a lace shirt, and some new underwear which I desperately needed because I am too small for anything in my closet and drawers.

I was supposed to get back on track on Monday but there the cupcakes were in the fridge staring me in the face, the only thing I really hate about cheating is the cravings afterwards, when you are trying to be good!  So what did I do, I put my son down for his nap and ate a cupcake, and then hated myself afterwards.

Weigh-In:

So today (Wednesday), I walked into my weigh-in dreading it, knowing I probably gained or stayed the same, but most likely gained.  But to my surprise I lost 2 pounds and an inch in my hips, which my Dr told me that it was because I was following the plan for some parts of the weekend but then would substitute my ideal protein meals for regular food some other times of the day. 
So I am now at 170, and 1 pound away from losing a total of 60 pounds on this diet!  I'm also 1 pound away from being in the 160's which I really can't remember the last time I was that weight.

Tip:

Don't make it a regular thing to cheat, just follow the diet.  Doing the diet half way and then cheating is not the way to do it on a regular basis.  It is important to plan your cheat if you are going to, we're human and we are going to cheat on our diets but not as often because we want the change in our lives.
I will tell you once you cheat it is so hard to get rid of those cravings for sugar, so if you are going to plan a cheat just remember you can get right back on that train of losing once again, you don't have to say "it's over, what's the point", because on this diet, you can redeem yourself in 3 days and your right back on track, you just have to fight off those cravings to get back on board.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment