I found this Gluten free pizza crust on the shelf and decided to try it out, it was good however because the ingredients are basically made from corn products I would only have this once in a while, rather than a weekly thing. So may be once every 2 weeks or once a month.
Here are 2 versions on Gluten Free pizza, I also want to point out that the crust is also Dairy free, however if you are putting cheese on it anyways it may not be that important to you.
You can use tomato sauce if you like however I do not, I like just either an olive oil base or a fat free cheese base and then work from there. So the first version is:
1) take gluten free pizza crust out of package
2) pile it with whatever you like, for this first version I put fat free mozzarella cheese for my base, chopped broccoli, sugar free deli turkey cut up, Casein free Kielbasa, banana peppers, and 2-3 small slices of Herb and Garlic cheese from Cabot (best cheese there is, not too much as it may be overkill for your stomach, but Cabot's proceeds goes to help local farmers of New England).
3) Put in oven for degree and time as indicated on package
4) Pull out let it cool and slice and eat.
The Second Version, what I put on it:
- Spinach base, chop spinach and lay on pizza crust
- Fat free mozzarella cheese on top of spinach
- Grilled Chicken
- Banana Peppers
- Roasted Red Peppers
- 2-3 small slices of Herb and Garlic cheese from Cabot
- Fresh Basil leaves on top
Any one of these or your own combination will do. These recipes are for people who are currently on Maintenance. It also gives people who are currently on the program something to look forward to down the line when they have finished their goal weight. Have a great week everyone and enjoy!