Friday, January 4, 2013

Weigh-in 1/2/13

Well I lost 4 whopping pounds this week!!  I am now in a size 6 jeans - never thought I would see the day that happened!!  I am now at 139 pounds.

I have reassessed my goal weight to 125 rather than my original 135, I used to be 125 in my high school years and I thought if I can get to 139 I can definitely get to 125.  I have heard the following comments on this:

"Your already at a good weight, why do you want to go to 125?"
"You can't get to 125, you had a kid, it's not possible."
"I can never get to 125 no matter how hard I've tried, you'll be lucky if you get there."
"You are disappearing already, don't disappear too much more."

Ok, so before when I was 255 I would get comments like:

"You are not healthy."
"You need to do something about your weight or you'll get diabetes."
"Just loose some weight you'll feel better."
one person actually told me "I was too heavy."
"You were never this heavy before, how did this happen?" (as if it is any of your business)

First off, your weight is a personal thing for you, the last thing you want people doing is telling you your too fat.  And when you personally have discussed it with medical professionals who are not at all pushy about you being a certain weight, you still get comments like "You are disappearing."  Well frankly these are not comments I particularly like but I live with them everyday.  The important thing to remember is this is your body, if you are ready to start loosing, then find a program that works for you.  If you are trying to get to a goal weight don't let others push you to do one thing over another - do what is comfortable for you.

If you are ready to loose the weight and Ideal Protein interests you but you don't have a center near you or want a cheaper alternative try Take Shape for Life, which I am a personal health coach for.  Check out my site: www.KellyL.TSFL.com 

Good luck on your weight loss goals!  Until next week's weigh-in...

No comments:

Post a Comment